DO WE HAVE ANY TIE-UPS WITH ANY ORGANIZATION WHICH EVALUATES INTERNATIONAL CREDENTIALS AND ACCREDITATION?
- Yes. The British BBA Degree is accredited by Quality Assurance Agency, UK and British Council for the Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and in addition for the Integrated BBA+MBA Degree, the MBA Degree + PGDM is Accredited by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Government of India. UBS is the first Indian Business School to be recognized by AICTE, to grant an International MBA Degree in India.
- The European BBA + MBA Degree is accredited by AACSB-USA, Grandes Ecoles-France and EPAS-Europe ensuring the student gets world class standards of quality education.
HOW IS UBS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER B-SCHOOLS IN THE MARKET?
- UBS is the Only Indian B-School Endorsed by 60 CEO’s
- UBS has 30 Senators who are Heads of Businesses in reputed companies, who bring in regular innovations in the curriculum.
- UBS is Asia’s only B-School which has a Thomson Reuters Global Cross Asset Trading Room and gives student access to professional trading opportunities at par with the post-graduate level.
- Faculty from IIM’s, SPJIMR, JBIMS, Stanford, XLRI, Michigan, Tuck & Anderson
- UBS Pedagogy meets with industry standards making our students Industry Ready from Day 1.
- UBS has adopted the Cambridge & Oxford University Model of Mentoring its students.
- UBS Infrastructure is at par with the best in the World and has been built by American Architects who have built Cornell University and Columbia Business School, USA. UBS has been termed a ‘FIVE STAR UNIVERSITY’ by India Today
- UBS has attracted international students & Faculty from USA, UK, Germany, France, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Poland, Congo, Egypt, Nepal, UAE, Qatar etc. giving you a truly International Experience
WHAT ARE THE CAREER PATHWAYS AFTER MY CHILD COMPLETES HIS BBA FROM UNIVERSAL BUSINESS SCHOOL?
Students have the following Options:
- Job Opportunities. The Placement team facilitates this process from preparing his / her resume, conducting mock interviews preparing the student for the interview process, inviting companies and managing the interview & selection process.
- MBA from Cardiff Met at UK Campus: Students can pursue his International MBA from Cardiff Met University at the UK Campus.
- MBA from Cardiff Met at UBS Indian Campus: Students can pursue his International MBA from Cardiff Met University at the UBS Campus in Mumbai.
- AICTE Approved PGDM at UBS Campus: Students can pursue his PGDM from Universal Business School in Mumbai.
- MBA from Other International University: Students can pursue his International MBA from any International University.
- Placement & Internship Opportunities
- Cardiff Summer School in UK- Students can apply and go for the summer program
- International Exchange in 20 countries across the globe
- Global Immersion – International Student Exchange Programs, ERASMUS–fully paid scholarship
- Unmatched study across 4 continents
WHAT IS THE PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES, AFTER COMPLETING THE BBA PROGRAM? CAN A STUDENT WORK ACROSS THE GLOBE?
- Students will receive a globally accepted Degree from Cardiff Met University, UK or La Rochelle Business School, France which will enable students to apply for jobs across the world, as the pedagogy we teach is on par with any Top University globally.
- In the La Rochelle Business School program the student must work for 6 months in a paid internship in France, which further enhances their global employment opportunities
- UBS has been termed as one of the four ‘TRULY GLOBAL B-SCHOOL IN INDIA’ by Times of India, 2015
HOW WOULD THE INTERNATIONAL DEGREE HELP HIM/HER HAVE AN EDGE OVER THE OTHER STUDENTS ACROSS THE VARIOUS OTHER B SCHOOLS?
The Edge with an International degree is as follows:
- Global curriculum with established international best practices
- Global exposure which allows student to study in 20+ International Universities
- Ability to study on Cardiff UK Campus for 2 weeks at a time
- Ability to study for 2 years in France and the final year in USA, Canada or France.
- Focus on Critical Thinking and 80% practical learning rather than Rote Learning in the Indian system
- An ability to pick a job oriented specialization, rather than the standard BBA or B.Com in the Indian context.
HOW WELL RECOGNIZED IS THE BBA DEGREE AWARDED BY UBS IN INDIA AND GLOBALLY IN TERMS OF EMPLOYABILITY?
- The UBS program is built by Industry for Industry. UBS is endorsed by 60 CEOs of leading Indian companies and Multinationals who are on our Board of Governors. Furthermore UBS is spear-headed by 30 Heads of Business from leading Indian & MNC corporations who serve on our Senate. This ensures the employability of our programs. Every year more than 210 companies visit our Campus for talent.
WHAT INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCES DOES UBS HAVE?
- UBS has International Alliances with over 20 Universities across UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Portugal, Greece, Ukraine, Russia, South Africa, Brazil, Columbia, Bulgaria, Hungary, China, Lithuania, Argentina and USA. Students have the opportunity to study in any of these countries under the Student Exchange program.
AFTER DOING A BBA AT UBS CAN A STUDENT DO THEIR MBA FROM CARDIFF CAMPUS AT UK?
- Yes, a student has the opportunity of doing his MBA at the Cardiff Campus in the UK
- In addition to this UG students can do their third and final year at the Cardiff Campus in UK
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE SALARY THAT A STUDENT CAN DRAW AFTER COMPLETION OF BBA IN INDIA?
- A minimum salary of INR 3,00,000, with the highest package being INR 7,00,000
DO THEY GET CREDITS IF THEY DO AP (ADVANCED PLACEMENTS)?
- Yes, admission credits would be granted, however, students will need to meet all the other prerequisites of Cardiff Met University, UK
HOW DOES UBS HELP STUDENTS BUILD THEIR PROFILE SO THAT THEY ARE PREPARED TO TAKE ON THE WORLD AS YOUNG LEADERS AND ENTREPRENEURS?
UBS has innovated and brought multiple unique programs that are run for and by students on campus:
- Experiential Learning Corporation (ELC) where students get hands on business, Leadership, Organisation and entrepreneurial experience and work for a Pvt. Ltd. company on Campus
- Rush4Rush – India’s 1st Business Adventure festival. This is an inter-collegiate festival which is developed and executed by the students
- Universal Innovation Council (UIC) – Students come up with innovations across the Academic processes, pedagogy, student development which are implemented by students.
- Earn While You Learn (EWL) – Students get an opportunity to contribute to the school and earn in the process.
- Case Blazer – The 100 hour case study prepares them for the intense competition and work pressures in the corporate world
- Young Ideas – Allows them to get their Ideas funded by Seed funding from Venture Capitalists
- UBS Clubs – Students join clubs to further their knowledge and exposure in areas, like the Finance Club Frigata or Marketing Club Quiverine etc. We also have interest based clubs like Toastmasters, Photography, Video Tech, Social Media focused clubs.
- Global Trading – Students get the opportunity to trade stocks, bonds, commodities and currencies across all 5 continents in real-time
- Global CEO Series – Students have access to over 60+ CEOs during the Academic year and get exposed to leadership lectures from Global CEOs, which gives them access to top management exposure and latest industry trends.
- Experiential Learning Waterfall- Students can engage in Live projects, internships, Global Project Management Workshops,Shadow Techniques, Business Simulations
WHY IS THE UBS UG FACULTY SUPERIOR TO OTHER B-SCHOOLS?
- The UBS UG Faculty is experienced in Business Management, having served as CEOs and Heads of Business with international experience, unlike other Business Schools who are purely academicians with no or very junior corporate experience. UBS is the only B-School that utilizes the services of its MBA Faculty for the BBA as well, this ensures top management leaders teaching your students.
DOES CARDIFF MET GIVE TRANSCRIPTS ACROSS THE THREE YEARS OF THE PROGRAM?
- Yes, every year the student will get his / her Transcript and the final degree after he successfully completes his graduation.
- Students can also be part of the convocation ceremony at Cardiff Met, UK with their family.
FOR KIDS WHO HAVE NEVER STAYED AWAY FROM HOME, HOW CAN WE HELP THEM SETTLE AND ADJUST SMOOTHLY SO THAT THEY DO NOT FEEL LOST AND ALIENATED BEING CUT FROM THEIR FAMILIES?
We get students from 24 States and 10+ countries and it is critical that they feel comfortable to enjoy their learning experience at UBS. We do the following, which is why students refer to UBS as a modern day “GURUKUL”.
- “Buddy” – Each Student on arrival is allocated a Buddy on Campus who is a senior who guides and supports the student for all his needs
- “Mentor program” – Each student on arrival is assigned a Mentor who is a Professor who they meet on a Weekly basis for academic as well as non-academic counselling. In these sessions students develop their non-academic related competencies.
- “Induction Program” – UBS has the most extensive Induction program for 10 days where students hear from over 20 CEOs, participate in Talent shows, Treasure Hunts, UBS Mountain Treks and nature walks to acclimatize students to the new world they are about to enter and make long lasting friendships.
- Fresher’s Night – Welcome party for the fresher’s organized by our own students
WHAT ARE THE ACCOMMODATIONS PROVIDED FOR CHILDREN?
- UBS has world class accommodation. Students are given an air-conditioned single room with attached bathroom. Four students share a common living room, dining room and kitchenette for light snacks, Tea & Coffee. Students have access to a Launderette as well as a Laundry service run by the students. Students have housekeeping services which are provided once a day to clean their rooms.
- Students have access to a Gymnasium, Indoor Games Arena with Pool, Table Tennis, etc and Outdoor games like Badminton, Tennis, Basketball, Football, Cricket and Volley ball court. Students have a jogging track and indulge in Mountain trekking and Mountain biking.
WHAT ARE THE ACCOMMODATIONS PROVIDED FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS TO HELP THEM COPE UP WITH THE OTHERS?
- The entire UBS campus is disability friendly as it has been designed to American standards.
WHAT ARE THE SPECIALIZATIONS THAT STUDENTS CAN AVAIL OFF?
- Students have the option of choosing Finance, Marketing as specializations with Cardiff Met, UK
- Students have the option of Choosing Sales Management, Luxury Marketing, HR, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Entrepreneurship & New Business Models with La Rochelle Business School, France.
DOES HAVING A SAT/ACT SCORE HELP ANYWAYS DURING THE ADMISSION PROCESS FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE STUDIED IB/CAMBRIDGE?
- Yes, the SAT scores support the student’s candidature for those that have studied IB/Cambridge curriculum along with TOEFL.
WHAT ARE THE EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES THAT THE STUDENTS CAN TAKE PART IN?
- Students have several opportunities to explore their true potential on Campus. These include Indoor and Outdoor sports competitions, Cultural shows, Talent Shows, Fashion Shows, Musical nights (Octave nights), Toastmasters Public Speech Making, Individual & Group Dancing and Singing competitions, Play Acting, Debates, Case Competitions, Trading Competitions, Case Study Competitions, Photography competitions, Gaming, Cross Country running, Mountain biking, Treasure Hunts, Trekking, Participation in Clubs, ELC, Innovation Council, Learning International Languages like Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, French and German.
- We have tied up with EduSports to professionally measure the fitness levels via Healthy Mindz & Fitness Tracking Report
HOW DO UBS CURRICULUM BRIDGE THE GAP FOR STUDENTS COMING FROM PURE SCIENCE & HUMANITIES BACKGROUND, AS THEY WOULD HAVE NOT STUDIED SUBJECTS LIKE ECONOMICS, BUSINESS ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS MATH ETC.? WHAT ADDITIONAL HELP DOES UBS PROVIDE?
- AICTE Approved PGDM:
- Students who have done very well in their class 10 would not have any problems adjusting to the program. UBS Faculty mentor students and most of the faculty stay on campus and get the advantage of getting extra classes when required. Since the International curriculum is application based and is inter disciplinary and flexible it allows students to adapt easily from other streams.
CAN I VISIT THE UBS KARJAT CAMPUS BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE ADMISSION PROCESS?
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR ADMISSION AT UBS?
- UBS follows a Rolling admission, which means that other things equal, candidates who apply earlier have a higher likelihood of being accepted onto the programs of their choice. It also means that applications will be closed as soon as all seats are filled.
HOW CAN I APPLY TO UBS?
- UBS has an Online Application Process. You can visit our website and click on APPLY NOW, choose your program, and proceed subsequently.
IS THERE ANYONE I CAN CONTACT FOR DOUBTS WHILE FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION ON UBS WEBSITE?
- You can contact our academic counselors at 7838500178 / 8689920747 or e-mail your query to email@example.com.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF THE BA (HONS) DEGREE WITH PATHWAYS IN LIBERAL ARTS/ECONOMICS/DESIGN/SPORTS/DATA ANALYTICS?
Our unique interdisciplinary global undergraduate programs are designed to provide career-oriented pathways infused with business. After several deliberations with industry and professionals in design/sports/liberal arts/economics and data scientists, we recognize the need to create graduates who are ready for industry 4.0.
- The Business + Liberal Arts program (psychology) will equip students with the required knowledge to succeed in the human resources stream. Students will understand conceptual and historical issues in psychology, social and developmental psychology, psycho-social aspect of education, cultural and social psychology.
- The Business + Sports program will develop students for success in a career in sports management. Students will learn about enterprises in sports and health, managing sports events, understand the economics of business and sports, develop the art and science of sports consultancy, and the ability to manage a high-performance sport.
- The Business + Economics program will develop students for success in a career as an economist with banks, financial institutions including the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Students will learn about information in Economics, World Economy, Applied Micro-economics, Macro Economics, Economic Tools for Government, and Industrial Economics.
- The Business + Design program will develop students for a career in product design and product management. Students will learn the design process including user-centric methodologies like design thinking and human-centered design. Furthermore, the students will have hands-on practice from concept design to product design and to sharpen their ability to put design practice into context thereby creating a product design professional.
- The Business + Data Analytics program will develop students for a career in business analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Students will learn competitive thinking, blockchain fundamentals, and storytelling. In the final year, students will learn analytics and business intelligence, and competitional intelligence.
I AM STILL TO TAKE MY 12TH GRADE FINAL BOARD IB EXAMS. AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY WITHOUT PREDICTED SCORES?
- Yes, you can apply before appearing for your Class 12th final board exams and do not require predicted scores as a mandatory document in your application form.
- Once you receive your 12th-grade scores or your predicted grades, please send the scanned copy of your mark sheet to the Admissions Cell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I KNOW WHETHER HAVE GOT SELECTED AND WHAT IS THE WAY TO CONFIRM THE ADMISSION AT UBS?
- You do not need predicted scores to go ahead with application , our application process starts well in advance and all applications does not guarantee admissions as you have to get selected first to qualify for an offer from UBS. Once you receive your 12th grade scores, please send us scanned copy at email@example.com
DOES UBS PROVIDE SCHOLARSHIPS, AND EDUCATION LOAN ASSISTANCE?
- Yes merit based, need-based and special scholarships are available to the deserving students. As for loan necessary documentation support is provided to help you to get an education loan by our Loan Department.
IF I CHOOSE NOT TO JOIN THE PROGRAM, WILL I BE REFUNDED THE ADMISSION MONEY?
- In case the student fails to achieve the required marks in the final board exams (12th), 50% of the confirmation amount is refunded. However if a student withdraws admission after commencement of class both tuition and hostel fees are non-refundable.
DOES UBS ACCEPT IB CERTIFICATE STUDENTS?
WHAT IS THE SAFETY AND SECURITY MEASURES ON CAMPUS?
UBS gives utmost importance to the safety and security of our students.
- UBS has 30 Security personnel 24 * 7 round the clock across Campus
- There are two special Security Officers posted below the Girls apartments
- The entire Campus is under CCTV surveillance and a special camera is installed above the Girls apartment block
- 4-6 girls stay together in an apartment block which is locked from inside, so no one can enter.
- Only women housekeeping staff clean and do the housekeeping of the Campus
- The Chairman on Campus (Prof. G.S. Anand), Dean (Prof. Bibhas) and Faculty stays on Campus with his wife and is available 24*7 at a 5 minutes distance from the student accommodation
- Prof. Dr. Soni (Sr. Professor from America) stays amongst the student housing.
- Mr.Amol Borale – Admin Officer is on call 24*7.
- In case of emergency, an in-house doctor attends to the student or student is taken to Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (Super specialty hospital) – 20 minutes from Campus.
- The Students Council is made of Students (50% female) and are available for supporting the students.
Anti-Ragging Affidavit signed by every student and their parent on Stamp paper.
WHAT IS THE FEE STRUCTURE?
3 Years, BA (Hons) Business and Management Studies from Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- RESIDENTIAL COURSE AT UBS CAMPUS, KARJAT, MUMBAI, INDIA
- Duration – 3 Years
- Tuition Fees – Rs.4,28,000 (per year)
- Boarding & Lodging – Rs.1,78,000 (per year)
3 Years, BA (Hons) Business and Management Studies + 1 Year MBA from Cardiff
- Metropolitan University, UK (Integrated BBA + MBA)
- RESIDENTIAL COURSE AT UBS CAMPUS, KARJAT, MUMBAI, INDIA
- Duration – 4 Years
- Tuition Fees – Rs.5,28,000 (per year)
- Boarding & Lodging – Rs.1,78,000 (per year)
IN WHICH YEAR THE STUDENT WILL HAVE TO DO THE INTERNSHIP?
- For the La Rochelle Business School BBA+MBA Degree, the Internship starts in the 4th year from January till the end of June. Then the student will have lectures and classes again. The duration of the Internship is between 4 to 6 months.
- In the Cardiff Met BBA program, the student needs to do a mandatory Internship at the end of the 2nd year. The student can do an optional Internship at the end of the first year as well.
WHAT ARE THE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AFTER THE BBA+MBA DEGREE COMPLETED IN USA OR CANADA?
- In USA – As soon as the student graduates, they have 1 month to apply for OPT (a job) but it is state specific and it can’t be guaranteed. A student in 5th year should start looking for job as early as possible and it is recommended to take 9 credits each semester and keep 3 credits in last semester so they can have time to look for a job.
- In Canada situation is different – It is easier to immigrate in Canada. It is easier to get a job in Canada, students have the opportunity to work during study. Normally a student gets a well- paid job after graduation hence there is a greater demand for students who have completed Masters. In Canada they have a 1 year to look for a job post their Masters.
This is the current norms. You would appreciate, that these policies can change depending on the government of the day and their views on immigration.